August 16, 2012.

/
0 Comments
My petty problems over boys to date and not having enough money to buy teacher clothes became very small after the stories I heard tonight. Britt and I went  to a benefit concert titled "Songs Against Slavery". Originally, I had decided to go because my celebrity crush, Steve Moakler, was the headlining performer. My eyes were completley opened to the brokenness and the seriousness of the situation of sex trafficking here in our cities. Yes, OUR CITIES. So often when I hear about human trafficking my mind automatically shifts to a far distant village in Africa or China. It's Hollywood, I mean heck, I've seen it on the movie Taken. But in my mind, it's been blocked out and disregarded. Tonight,  my heart became heavy for these victims and poor innocent children that are being sold into slavery every day. It was amazing to see what organizations, like Women At Risk, are doing to fight this. 






You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog