August 4, 2012.

/
0 Comments
There are certain weddings I now call "pinterest weddings"... ya know, the one's where you hear all of the girls attending say "aww that's something you'd see on Pinterest". That's what Molly and Josh's wedding was. It was picture perfect. I've always dreamed of my own wedding someday to be a comfortable, outdoor celebration with my favorite friends and family all around me. Nothing too formal. A party for everyone... Molly made that happen at her wedding. 
 From giant yard games...

 ... to a fun photo booth..


 ... to caricature artists.
 She thought of it all. 
It was such a relaxed environment. And heck, they had a mashed potato bar served from the back of an old fashioned truck. Come on now, admit it. That's pretty great....
 I have to admit, there were times during the ceremony where I couldn't help the tears from flowing. From watching Uncle Paul walk down the aisle without Aunt Elaine, to the slideshow of pictures of Josh and his mom. 
She was honored and remembered with a lantern lighting at the end of the night. With a storm coming in, the wind picking up, and heat lightning more intense than I've ever seen it, a strange sense that Aunt Elaine was right there with us came over me. It was like she was finishing off the night in heaven celebrating her little Joshy marrying the love of his life. 
She would've been so proud. 



You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog