August 8, 2012.

/
0 Comments
If you know anything about me, you'd know that I may or may not have a slight obsession with Coldplay. After seeing  the show they put on a few years ago at DTE for their Viva La Vida show, I immediately fell hard for this british band. And that was the day my crush on Chris Martin officially began. I've never seen a musician put that much heart, passion and energy into a show. 
As soon as dad and I heard that tickets were coming out for the Mylo Xyloto show, we knew we had to get them fast. So we did.. And 8 months later the fam was sitting in section 313, row 9, waiting in anticipation for the best concert we would ever see. Okay maybe slight exageration, but let me tell you, it was pretty freaking incredible. 
 After watching Charli XCX seductively shake her hips around on stage and listening to dad's personal favorite song, bubblegum bitch by Marina and the Diamonds, we were ready for the show. When we walked into the show, we were given different color wristbands. Not fully understanding what they were for (dad's hypothesis being that it was some sort of conspiracy to take out all of the old people in the place), we submitted and put them on. When the show started with "Hurts Like Heaven", the place lit up with everyone's wristbands...Probably one of the coolest things I've ever seen at a show. 

 And of course, they came out for the encore into the middle of the crowd on a stage nobody even noticed. Gosh, what I would've done to be the girl he talked to at the foot of the stage or to see him perform right there in front of me, with his beads of sweat dripping down... okay I'm getting a little carried away. Needless to say, lucky, lucky people. (and I guarantee the drunk purple shirt guy, waving his arms around like a lunatic won't even remember it... crying shame, but quite entertaining for the rest of us). 
Although my personal favorite, green eyes, wasn't played... The solid two hours of songs was plenty enough to satisfy this girl. 
You did it again Colplay. 
Well played, well played. 


You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog