December 31st. THE FINAL POST.

/
0 Comments
Today I took the opportunity to browse through the last 365 days of pictures from the year....

I'm a bit awestruck by the ways that God continues to show his love in little ways. Looking back, a lot has happened in the last year. Friendships have grown, some have faded a bit. I've hurt people at times and I've been reminded that we're all human, and people will always let me down. I've learned much more about myself and who I want to become. I've done things that I can't say I'm completely proud of. I've become more passionate about being a teacher. Friends have spoke into my life when I've needed it most. I've received a lot of wisdom from people who have learned from their own mistakes. I've learned that I'm a people pleaser, and it's not always a good thing. My weaknesses have become more apparent. I've learned when to actually say "no" to things that I just don't want to do. I've had random adventures. I've moved on from things that I knew I needed to let go of.

I had the privelege of sitting under the teaching of a good friend yesterday. His sermon was on resolutions, and change that occurs in our lives. As he spoke his first sermon, one thing that really stood out to me was what the Apostle Paul had written in a letter to Christians living in Rome. He said, I don't understand myself at all, for I really want to do what is right, but I don't do it. Instead, I do the very thing I hate". (Romans 7:15). I have to admit, I take comfort in hearing the brokenness in other Christians walks, (especially men like the Apostle Paul. I mean heck, he's know as one of the greatest known Christians who ever lived). Just in the last few months, I've realized more and more that I continue to become trapped in the ways of the World, when knowing all along the woman that I really desire to be. I realize that my walk with Christ is just that, a walk. It's going to take time, and a daily decision to follow him. It's going to involve doubt, and people may not understand why I choose to do the things I do. But that's the beauty of sanctification.

I really love what John Newton, who wrote Amazing Grace, said about his own Christian walk. "I am not what i might be, I am not what I wish to be, I am not what I hope to be... But thank God I am not what I once was, and I can say with the great apostle, 'By the grace of God I am what I am'".

So this New Year's resolution is finally over. I have to admit, I'm a bit relieved to be done documenting every day of my life.. but those of you who know me, know that I do enjoy my picture taking and "memory making". In the next year I actually hope to do less picture taking every day. To embrace moments more and not feel the need to share them with everybody on facebook, instagram and blogging. I want to be fully present in situations, and as wonderful as picture taking is, I think it can take away from actual moments. So thank you to those of you who have made such an impact on my life this year.

I thought it would be fitting to close with a picture of me and "the jerk".  Because, let's be honest.. we have quite the love/ hate relationship. And as horrible as this sounds, he's really gettin old. I really don't know how much longer we'll be graced with his feet biting and growling. So from Teddy and I, peace out 2012... it's been real.




You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog