Letting Go in the New Year.

/
0 Comments
Here we are. Saying goodbye to a really good year. 2013, you treated me well.

Favorite songs of 2013:

1. Little Hands by: Inland Sky
2. Foxbeard by: Run River North
3. Wildfire by: Johnny Boy Mayer
4. Old Pine- Ben Howard
5. Wake Me Up By: Avicii
6. Now is the Start by: A Fine Frenzy
7. Difference Maker- NEEDTOBREATHE
8. Human by: Gabrielle Aplin
9. About Today by: The National
10. I like to be with me when I'm with you- Drew Holcomb and the Neighbors

Favorite video finds of 2013:
1.How to Talk to Girls
2. How to be Alone
3. First World Problems Anthem
4. Worn Wear
5. Live in Amazement
6. The Pursuit of Bravery
7. Hopeless Wanderer
8. Ed's Story

Favorite Books Read:

1. Love Does
2. Wrecked
3. Bread and Wine
4. Radical
5. Freefall to Fly

Major Life Events of 2013:

1. Experiencing a month in Guatemala with my best friend. My heart was changed and my eyes were open.
2.  A Year of Concerts. Lumineers. John Mayer. Ben Rector. David Crowder. NEEDTOBREATHE. Drew Holcomb and the Neighbors. Old Crow Medicine Show. Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeroes... and (drum roll please) MUMFORD AND SONS (can officially cross that one off of the bucket list. life goal complete.)
3. Got my first teaching job in Lansing....... Quit my first teaching job in Lansing.
4. 1 week later, stepped into my own classroom in GR. One of the most challenging/ rewarding jobs I've had to date. Although I've had many tear filled drives home and days where I'm ready to pull my hair out, those eighteen 5th graders have completely stolen my heart.
5. Dated. Got to know some pretty cool people in the process. 

I'm especially excited to start a new year this time around. This past year has been quite a whirlwind. I've learned so much from relationships and experiences and am continuing to learn more about what I truly love and what makes my heart skip a beat.

My goal in this next year is to do a lot of letting go...

Letting go of underlying pressures from society and social media to be at a different point in my journey.

Letting go of playing comparison games and caring about other peoples opinions.

Letting go of trying to please everyone else.

Letting go of always trying to fix things and realizing that sometimes, it's okay to be broken.

Letting go of trying to change people and manipulate relationships.

Letting go of holding on to past things and robbing myself of the story that is unraveling before me.

Letting go of regrets and learning to forgive myself and move on.


I recently re read Bittersweet by the ever so amazing, Shauna Niequist. In it, she has a chapter called "Twenty Five"... and what do ya know, that's the age I'm coming up on. I found this to be so incredibly encouraging and uplifting with where I'm at in life right now. Shauna speaks to being truly amazed with life. With not comparing your life to where everyone else is, but finding the beauty in the present journey God has you in. So I leave you with this quote by Shauna. May we all learn to love and be fully present in this next year.

Now is your time. Become, believe, try. Walk closely with people you love, 
and with other people who believe that God is very good and life is a grand
adventure. Don't spend time with people who make you feel like less than you are. 
Don't get stuck in the past, and don't try to fast-forward yourself into a future
you haven't yet earned. Give today all the love and intensity and courage you can, 
and keep traveling honestly along life's path. 






You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog